- When should I apply?
- How long is the camp season?
Staff training begins in the third week of June, and Camp runs until the third week of August. There are some jobs available in the spring and fall (early May through September) for staff looking to work longer.
- How much will I get paid?
BB Camp offers competitive salaries. Your salary will depend on your position and experience. Bear in mind that Camp will provide room and board, and with the exception of what you spend on days off, you have virtually no expenses while at Camp.
- How often are days off?
There are six days off from the time the campers arrive until Camp ends. Regular days off run from 4:00 pm until 5:00 pm the following day. Between First and Second Session, all staff are eligible for an extended day off, typically two nights/ three days.
- How old are most of the staff?
Most staff at camp are between 17 and 25. We do have a few staff in their late 20's and 30's. Most counsellors and specialists are entering their last year of High School or first year or two of University or College and the average age is about 19. All of our section heads and many head specialists are university students and a senior staff are pursuing their final years of their degree.
- Where do most staff come from?
Most of our staff are from Winnipeg and the Ontario area. We do hire a few staff from across Canada, the USA, Europe, Australia and around the world. Camp is the ideal place to meet people from all over and make friends from all areas of the world.
- Do staff live with campers?
Cabin counsellors live with the campers in a separate staff quarters within the cabin. All activity staff, Outtrippers, Section Head staff and support staff (operations, food services, depot, secretarial, etc.) live in staff cabins.
For further information on staff positions or salary scale, please click on the tabs below.
- BB Brochure (2017)
- BB Camp Registration Form (2017)
- Registration Procedure (2017)
- BB Payment Schedule (2017)
- Cancellation Insurance (2016)
- Fee Assessment Form (2017)
- Daycamp Registration Form (2016)
- Daycamp Payment Schedule (2016)
- Family Weekend Registration (2016)
- Family Weekend Brochure (2016)
- Staff Positions (2016)
- Staff Salary Scale (2016)
Click here for more forms Click here for all forms Close